5 Things You Can Do on My Medicare Matters
Related topics: Legal & Financial
My Medicare Matters is a free website that offers people with Medicare and their family members easy-to-understand information about joining Medicare and the services they can receive.
Here are 5 things you can do on the site today:
1. Learn how to get Medicare for the first time. Are you or someone you know turning 65? Not sure if you need to sign up for Medicare just yet? Whether you've stopped working before age 65, are still working thereafter, or are living with a disability, you can find out when and how to enroll in Medicare.
2. Discover ways to stay healthy. Medicare provides a wide range of free preventive services that can help you monitor your health. In addition to learning more about these services, you can find out how to get the most from Medicare if you have Alzheimer's, cancer, or diabetes. And the site has links to programs that can help you take charge of your health and better manage chronic conditions.
3. Get tips for selecting drug coverage. When you first join Medicare, and each year during the Annual Enrollment Period (Oct. 15-Dec. 7), you'll have an opportunity to select prescription drug coverage. The 7 Simple Steps tool can help you compare costs and choose a plan that's right for you.
4. See how to afford Medicare. Having trouble paying for the costs of Medicare and prescription drugs? Several programs may be able to help. On My Medicare Matters, you can learn more about Extra Help to pay for prescription drugs, and the Medicare Savings Programs, which help pay for Medicare premiums and co-payments.
5. Get your Medicare question answered. Have a concern about Medicare that you don't see an answer to? Submit your question online, and our team of experts will get back to you with a personalized response.
My Medicare Matters is sponsored by the National Council on Aging (NCOA), with support from AstraZeneca. Visit the site today!